Online Lessons Set Up
I completely get the immense value of in-person lessons, I do! However, as a teacher, I put in the same amount of effort (if not more) to prepare for and teach these lessons just the same.
Want to have an idea on how an online lesson would work? Watch this 4min video to find out!
How it works:
- Have our lesson at the regular scheduled time.
- Text/Email me materials that we will be using prior to our lesson time if I do not own them.
- Make sure that you have a stable internet connection at home. If not, try using an ethernet cable and plug it into your laptop directly.
- Young students should have parents beside them at their lesson to act as my "assistant" i.e. pointing to notes on the book or physically correcting posture etc.
- Have a lesson just like we would in-person!
- Make sure that your device allows for me to see your hands and the entire keyboard. Usually setting the device on the side of or diagonally behind the piano works best.
- Make sure I can see as much of your body while standing as possible.
- You should have another device to play recordings/accompaniment tracks while we work on your songs.
- Most warm ups/new repertoire will be done "Marco Polo"/Call and Response style.